Custom Report for Unused Policies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Report for Unused Policies

L4 Transporter

Anyone have any tips on how to create a report to list unused policies?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

I don't see a direct option to generate report for only unused rule:

How to Identify Unused Policies on a Palo Alto Networks Device

L5 Sessionator

Hi jambulo ,

The unused rule counter is based off the dataplane since the last restart. That means once the device is up and running and one of the rule is never triggered, then that is considered unused rule. Currently there is no way to generate a custom report based on that as it will never generate any report. You can view it on security policy only. Hope this helps. Thank you.

L6 Presenter

Look for used rules related to your log capacity,if you have panorama it'll be better.it will give an idea about unused rules.

RULE.png

L6 Presenter

Hi Jambulo,

Custom report will not help to determine unused rules. Only following document will help for that.

How to Identify Unused Policies on a Palo Alto Networks Device

Custom report is something used to get daily update of aggregated logs, You need information about unused policy just once. Hence you can use above document.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Hi Hardik,

so if the rule is not listed here

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4229

it is also maybe used at selected time(if I select 1 year) at once you mean ?

I need that info also

Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!