Custom Report Start and End Times Inclusive or Exclusive

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Report Start and End Times Inclusive or Exclusive

L0 Member

I am exporting a Custom Report to a CSV and want to make sure I don't miss any data.

Scenario 1: I want to include a full day's logs in one file For October 1, 2020. Would I set the start time to midnight and the end time to 11:59 PM, or would I put the end time to October 2, 2020, at midnight?

Scenario 2: I want all the data for the full 8 AM hour (starting at 8 AM and ending before 9 AM). Would I set the start time to 8 AM and the end time to 8:59 AM, or would I put the end time to 9 AM? Then, if I want the 9 AM hour, would I start it at 9 AM or 9:01 AM?

I hope this makes sense. I want to ensure I won't miss even one minute; basically, what I am asking is: are the start and end times inclusive or exclusive? Let me know if you need any clarification.

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 1.48.55 PM.png

Thank you,

Michael

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mjackson1 

If you do not want to miss even 1 min of report then i would use below start and end time

Scenario 1>   Start Time midnight and end time Oct 2 12.00AM midnight

Scenario >2 Start time 8.00AM and end time 9.00AM.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!