Dedicated Log Collector interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dedicated Log Collector interfaces

L2 Linker

All,

I am having trouble finding good documentation on this. Hoping maybe the community has experience with it.

I need a few questions answered. We have 2 M600 dedicated log collectors. We plan on utilizing the 10 GB interfaces for Device Log Collection. That part is clear as spring water. The part that is very muddy

Log Collector External Log Forwarding - What Interface does this use??

Collector Group Communication interface - is this only for management for the manager, does this include Log queries from Panorama Manager, does this only include the intragroup communication (Say we had log redundancy, this is what would travel over that interface)

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

When you configure the log collectors in Panorama, I do believe there are commands to dictate what interface(s) you can use.

Out of the box, ALL traffic is using eth1/1, which is the mgmt interface, so if you want to modify that, then you can do this via cli or via Panorama. 

I do not have a M600 to use, but I seem to recall there are gui options to change the interfaces.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!