Demo Rules Examples from Real-Life???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Demo Rules Examples from Real-Life???

Not applicable

I am looking for documentation of example rules (Real-World rules) much like Checkpoint has if you run their SmartDash board in demo mode.  It illustrates a large corporation's simple to complex rules for about every rule you can thing of.  A novice to veteran can learn from these example rules.  I can't find anything like it in KnowlegePoint but it would be a GREAT addition for those converting from another FW vendor to "connect the dots" from a MARKETING or TRAINING standpoint.  This type of information may be a GREAT help and remove much of the mystery and get those darn fence sitters to commit to upgrading to THE next-gen FW device!!!

For example, "This is an example rule base (Security - App-ID) for a Fortune 10 company who's FW must run 24x7x365 with 2000 manufacturing plants world-wide and includes rules for TESTING NEW applications and NEW plant communications, Block Lists, White Lists, and especially detailed rules for controlling/handling social networking and file sharing applications and their associated SSL decryption and AD integration"  Any help or examples would be greatly appreciated!  Look forward to hearing back soon!  Thanks - Mark

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

We do not have anything that I can think of that is similar to demo mode in Check Point's Dashboard. We have some general getting started documents, a very good document that details any kind of NAT you'd like, but nothing like demo mode.

The only thing I can think of that is similar is we do have some demo appliances that I believe the Sales Engineers have access to. These include configurations that are "real world". I'd suggest asking them to take a look at one with you, or perhaps even asking them for a feature request to get a demo mode for our appliances.

I agree something like that would be very useful. Also, you can find the documents I spoke of by searching our support site here. If you can't find them let us know.

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks, Jason.  We have already done the SE demo, cut a PO, and as our SE is extremely busy, I've been surfing the KB.  Since my searches have been in vain, would you shoot me a couple of links that best illustrates in depth advanced rule writing examples of SharePoint, MS-SQL, MS-Exchange, AS2 EDI, and various social networking or file sharing applications? - that would be great!  Most docs I find are very generic and scetchy, and I am looking for real meat & potatoes detailed examples.  I will understand if you don't have access to those docs, and will reach out to our SE for guidance.  Thanks. -Mark

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!