Deploying Dynamic Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deploying Dynamic Updates

L4 Transporter

We have a Panorama box, and I thought I would try to push apps and content version 192 out to our PA-2050s that are in an HA pair. We are running PAN OS 3.1.2 on the Panorama server and the PA-2050s. I downloaded the apps package, and began deploying it to the PA-2050s when I got this message:

Image uploaded.Installation initiated.content update failed with the following messages: No matching contents package found in panupv2-all-apps-192-655 .

Is this a known issue, or something new?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

There was a problem this morning with some of the access files for Content 192, which has been corrected.  Please try again and contact Support if you still encounter this issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L5 Sessionator

There was a problem this morning with some of the access files for Content 192, which has been corrected.  Please try again and contact Support if you still encounter this issue.

I'm having the same sort of error...

update failed with the following messages: No matching apps package found in panupv2-all-contents-205-711.tgz

It would happen every once in awhile. I would try deleting the content release, and then redownloading it.

Not applicable

In my case it was a licensing issue.

Once I clicked "Retrieve license keys from license server" under Device -> Licenses, everything started to work.

Hi,

Hitting "Retrieve license keys from license server" did not work for us. We had a 30 day trial of the threat management module. Yesterday it expired. And now we are having trouble updating.

Is there a way i can force an update? I removed all references to threat management in de access-policies.

regards,

Max

I'm sorry but are you saying that your license has expired? Unfortunately, with an expired license, you will not be able to receive any dynamic updates. Please advise if I'm reading your post incorrectly.

Hi,

We do have a licence just not for threat management. For threat management we had a 30 day trial licence. Now that that has expired, we can download the dynamic update, just not install them. We get this error:

content update failed with the following messages: No matching contents package found in panupv2-all-apps-273-1162.tgz

Again, We have a licence for apps, just not for threats.

Regards,

Max

PA-5050 (2x active/passive)

Version: 4.0.5

Hi Max,

Unfortunately, you'll need to extend your license via your Sales Team or outright purchase the license. At this point, the PAN device is cross referencing your license, or in this case lack thereof and as such is prohibiting install of the update.

This fixed my issue - thanks.

(retrieving license)

Hello,

For us work fine:

Once I clicked "Retrieve license keys from license server" under Device -> Licenses, everything started to work.

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!