Destination NAT for mutilple of ports in a single NAT rule

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Destination NAT for mutilple of ports in a single NAT rule

L1 Bithead

So there will be a range of ports that need to be NATTED, but on the GUI, I can only specify a single port.

Can anyone tell me if this will work if I leave the port empty like below:

set service-group "Veeam Management" members [ "Veeam 2500-2600" "Veeam 9292-9293" ]

set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" to outside
set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" destination-translation translated-address "Veeam Backup Server"
set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" from outside
set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" source any
set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" destination WAN-IP
set rulebase nat rules "NAT Veeam Backup Server" service "Veeam Management"

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

CLI would likely be able to let you configure it but the commit validation is going to fail. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Is this an inbound NAT or outbound NAT? For either I try to keep ports out of the NAT rule and let the Policies handle which ports/applications are allowed in/out.

Regards,

L7 Applicator

It looks like you are setting up inbound destination NAT towards the server.  If so, when you create that rule in the GUI you can specify those original packet tab ports as ranges when you create the new services.

This will then do standard port forwarding where they same ip address could also be used on different ports for other servers.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thanks for confirming, I think it would be more intuitive if PA can allow to specify multiple ports in the destination NAT section like a lot of other vendors do.

The service creation window does allow the creation of multiple ports and port ranges.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

New Bitmap Image.jpg

but the destination translated port can only be specified with a single port.

the intention is to translate a range of ports.

@JohnTang,

That's what I was trying to say with my original post, and maybe I should have taken more time with it. You can't have multiple destination address translations going to a port range on a NAT statement. Likewise you can't use a service group or anything of the like for the actual translated port. 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!