DHCP option 132 (IEEE 802.1Q VLAN ID) format for Mitel phones

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP option 132 (IEEE 802.1Q VLAN ID) format for Mitel phones

L6 Presenter

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me, please? DHCP option in Palo Alto DHCP server.  Something that l have never configured before and need some clarification.  So l want PA DHCP server to provide VLAN ID for the Mitel phones when they getting and IP address (DORA process). VLAN has to be 215 and options are ( ASCll and Hexadecimal). What option value do l need to use? Don't think 215 works for me:

OP.png

Thx all,

Myky

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi Myky,

I believe this will need to be hexidecimal as a VLAN ID is a numerical value. So you will need to enter the hexidecimal value for the VLAN ID you want. so vlan ID of 200 will be 0xC8. You will need to input the '0x' prefix.

hope this helps,

Ben 

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know what is the first option ( ASCII) and what is the format for this option?

Ta,

Myky

Hi Myky,

ASCII is the American Standard Code for Information Interchange. In DHCP options you would usually use ASCII if the option requires a string, it depends on the option.

The ASCII table can be found here:

http://www.asciitable.com/

More info on DHCP options can be found on the RFC:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2132

thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks. I have seen these articles. Something that is unclear for me if it is actually possible to have just a number 215 or it has to be something like (050 049 053 so on) in ASCII option ? Anyway l will test with Hex format and get back 

Thanks for help,

Myky

Hello Ben,

Ok l did try and it is complaining  about "invalid format":

invalid.PNG

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Myky

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!