DHCP server -> conflict IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP server -> conflict IP

L3 Networker

Hi

I have a DHCP server enabled on one of my interfaces, but clients have problem getting IPs back - after reboot of windows machines it normally works, but this normally not an issue with other DHCP servers.

Here is one message ->

An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : The DHCP client has obtained an IP address that is already in use on the network. The local interface will be disabled until the DHCP client can obtain a new address.

PA-500:

10.119.20.104   conflict IP        offered

10.119.20.100   conflict IP        offered

10.119.20.105   conflict IP        offered 

10.119.20.103   3c:07:54:46:4a:41

Any clues?

Thanks

PANOS 4.1.0/PA-500

4 REPLIES 4

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Hello,

We are looking into this issue.  May I ask what settings you have for "lease", "mode", and "Ping IP when allocating new IP"?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have the same issue.  I have the lease time set to 'unlimited' and ping is ticked.

Thanks,

James

PANOS 4.1.0/PA-2020

As I recall I had "unlimited" lease and not sure about "ping" was checked - but would think so

Now I have a 8 hours lease time and "ping" checked - will report back

Thanks

Just added a windows 2008, and when fetching DHCP windows was showing a "IP conflict" dialogbox Smiley Sad

I am using 8 hours lease, and "ping" option

Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!