Disconnected from Panorama Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Disconnected from Panorama Server

L1 Bithead

Hello,

We are getting a lot of alerts that says

Disconnected from Panorama Server:x.x.x.x., source: x.x.x.x

I checked the interface statistics on both the Panorama server and the firewall and I didn't see any issue. Does anyone know what else could be causing this?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

How is the physical network between your PA device and your Panorama server?

Assuming its just: PA <-> switch <-> Panorma then you should verify so you have auto/auto on the mgmt interface of the PA device and the Panorama aswell as on the switch. If possibly use a manageable switch so you can login and check the interface status incase its bad settings, bad interface or bad cables.

Thanks, this is also what I was thinking of and I've asked the person responsible of the switches to check for me.

PA--------------Switch------------------PANORAMA (Virtual)

Thanks again!

L4 Transporter

Which Panorama version are you running? We used to get the same alerts for our firewalls without any network outage/disconnection. I think this was the bug in version 4.x. After upgrading Panorama to version 5.x we stopped seeing device disconnected messages.

L4 Transporter

what is the command/process to get Panorama <-> device to reconnect?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!