DNS Proxy - Can I use it to resolve all outbound

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Proxy - Can I use it to resolve all outbound

L1 Bithead

Can I use the DNS Proxy to resolve all of my outbound DNS queries?

I would like to point my inside DNS servers to the Palo Alto firewall and then let the firewall resolve the DNS query.

12 REPLIES 12

I am  having the same issue, even though the local domain names have been setup and dns servers for these domains have been specified, all traffic that should have gone to the internal dns servers is sent to the internet dns servers instead. We are running pan-os 4.05. Static and internetaddresses are resolved correctly, but local addresses are not (non existent domain or internet values for A records, instead of local values)

Sorry to say that, but i'm pleased to see we are not alone with this issue.

We'll open a case.

regards,

Did you receive a reply from PA about the case yet ?

regards,

Hen

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!