DNS resolution is not happening after connected the Global protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS resolution is not happening after connected the Global protect

L3 Networker

Hi Team

1. After connected the global protect DNS resolution is not happening. but i can able to do ping 8.8.8.8.

2. In nslookup google.com also resolved. But if I ping the same google.com dns is not resolving.

3. If I browse any website, that is not working due to dns resolution issue. 

My dns IP is 8.8.8.8. Is anyone experienced like this type of issue. Please suggest some resolution for this

Best regards

Mohammed Asik

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

What do you see in the traffic logs? 

In traffic logs, I could see the session reason end was " aged out". But everything seems to be expected.

For internet traffic NAT applied and could see destination address ip has been resolved. but in web browser its not resolved ( tried the same thing with three different machines.

ingress interface --> tunnel.2 and egress interface --> eth 1/2 as per the configuration

for DNS and web-browsing traffic bytes sent/received increment equally (or more less)?

L2 Linker

@MohammedAsik  Do you have DNS Suffix configured in Agent configuration ??

L2 Linker

I have GP agents experiencing the same issue.  Did you find a resolution?

• 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!