Do not see deny in traffic logs for traffic to internal server accessible via Public IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Do not see deny in traffic logs for traffic to internal server accessible via Public IP

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

We have server reachable via Public IP say on port 13001 and 13002

We have Security rule 

Source any  

Zone outside 

Destination 173.82.x.x IP  of server

Zone inside

port 13001

Here i have not included the port 13002.

I have correct NAT policy for this.

When i see traffic logs i see 

Source any 

destination server public ip address

port 13002  

action allow 

source zone is outside 

destination zone is outside.

need to know why i do not see deny for traffic on port 13002 from source zone outside to destination zone inside?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hmmm.... this is a bit confusing...

to answer your question....

because you don't have an explicit "deny" policy for this traffic, so the palo will just drop the packets.

or maybe i have not understood your question.....

You must select logging for your deny rule that this traffic traverses.  The interzone-default deny rule (greyed out at the bottom of you list) does not have logging turned on by default.  You can override this or create your own deny rule to catch these.

logging is enabled.

I can see deny from other rules problem is only with this rule

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!