Domain config on Split Tunnel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Domain config on Split Tunnel

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I have excluded few of the domains in Split Tunnel config. I am not able to verify if the split tunnel is working curretly. If we check the route print we are not seeing any difference in the route table. Is there any way i can test this or confirm the split tunnel is working?

Also is it necessary to * before the domain? For example *protection.outlook.com or only protection.outlook.com works?

Please suggest.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Sanjay_Ramaiah ,

As mentioned here - https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000oM3WCAU&lang=en_US%E2%80%A... adding domain exclusion or inclusion will not make any difference to the routing table (except that it will add default route pointing to the tunnel, if such does not already exist).

Probably the easiest way would  be to generate some traffic to the excluded domain and check firewall logs if you see traffic reaching the firewall - either check traffic log, filtering by  destination IP, or URL log filtering by url (if the generated traffic is HTTP/S)

Check also  the following link for tips how to troubleshoot split-tunnel config - https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/globalprotect-articles/troubleshoot-split-tunnel-domain-amp-app...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!