Dormant connection while downloading AV update prevents HA sync

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dormant connection while downloading AV update prevents HA sync

Not applicable

Hi,

After AV update started at 9:00 it never end and prevents HA sync after a commit of few changes.

To solve it, I used CLI "clear jobs id XXX" for the AV update task and then restart it.  After a while the HA pair is fully sync.

Both PA-2050, running 4.0.4, are updated individually (like I read for best practices to avoid working with non-updated platform if failover occurs) but for what reason the AV update connection went to dormant state?

Looking forward to hear from you.

LuisR.

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

We notice a similar problem on occasion as well - a download would be "stuck" and needs to be manually cleared before any other updates can occur.

Hello ,

Good day to you.

You  got this issue after upgrading your pan to 4.0.4 ??

Regards,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Yes, the platform has been running v4.0.4 since it has been in production phase.

Regards.-

Luis R

No, we see this issue with our existing 3.1.8 platform.

Not applicable

For a second time this issue occurs while downloading 562-740 AV signature. The download process stuck at 19% and had to be cleared.

It's become an annoying situation because it prevents platform synchronization.

What is the reason for this behavior?

Just checked my download and sure enough, stuck at 41% for about 10 hours now. Sounds like a systemic problem.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!