Downgrade from 9.1.12.h3 version to 9.1.9

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Downgrade from 9.1.12.h3 version to 9.1.9

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I have decided to upgrade my Palo Alto 850 from version 9.1.9 to 9.1.12.h3 but after the secondary Palo Alto upgrade facing an issue where interface are not getting up so my team decided to roll back to version 9.1.9. Should my configuration completely wiped out if i downgrade my device ? or if no then what are the precaution i have to take for downgrade procedure.

Also i have got below link for downgrade steps, Pls let me know can i follow this link for my case.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-0/pan-os-new-features/upgrade-pan-os/downgrade-pan-os/do...

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

No, a roll back should not wipe the config. However I always say its good to backup the configuration on a periodic basis.

Regards,

Thank you Otakar for your reply and clearing my Doubt.

Can you help me to know is it named config and device state is enough for recovery of config if anything is gone wrong.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You can just download the 'Configuration Version' and select the newest one. The xml file contains everything you need to restore to a new system.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@vishal_07,

Just as an FYI, the downgrade article that you linked actually isn't how I would recommend reverting from a failed upgrade. It'll work perfectly fine, but you don't need to "re-install" the maintenance release to do so. The firewall actually has two partitions (three including the maintenance partition). When you install a new update, what you're doing is actually installing the image on the other partition. 

You can reference THIS KB going forward, but the software manager (swm) can be utilized to "revert" to the old installation that you were literally just running without any issue. You essentially just return to the old partition. 

Hi Bpry,

It was not a failed upgrade but need to revert back from 9.1.12-h3 to 9.1.9 as customer wants. So I think Direct reinstalling last image would be a perfect step without any issue.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!