Drive By Downloads

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Drive By Downloads

L1 Bithead

We turned on block/continue protection for .exe and PE files yesterday, but we're having issues with some sites not showing the page at all and sometimes the window is so small and not resizeable.

This happens in both IE9 and Firefox 3.6.

I was trying to download from cnet downloads and the links were basically all broken.

I tried to download winFF from winFF.org and the browsers would just hang.

I eventually found the same exe at another site and it worked fine.

Is this just kind of Beta or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Do the downloads work without a file blocking profile enabled? Do you also have a URL filtering profile enabled? It sounds like some of the content is being blocked by your URL filtering profile. Take a look at the URL filtering logs when attempting a download from cnet for clues to what is being blocked.

I turned it on as well,  It works for .exe files in firefox you get the alert window and can hit continue the save diaglog comes up,  In IE 8&9 the alert window shows up but when you hit continue it opens the exe file up in the browser window instead of the save dialogue showing up.

Ed.

That doesn't sound right. Can you open a case with support for this?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!