Drop all packets

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Drop all packets

L4 Transporter

I added an exception to a spyware profile to drop all packets and it now says its dropping and allowing the packets how can that be?

Image_orig1.png

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

The security rule is set to allow, which lets the security profile on that rule get processed. So the traffic is allowed insofar as to let the spyware profile make a decision. Note that only a single packet was recorded in the traffic log referenced.

Cheers,

Greg Wesson

Actually what I found was that there was another rule (below the first one) that it went too after this that had no security profile assigned and was allowed there. Once I applied the security profile to the rule that was allowing it through, the spyware conficker packets were dropped.

L5 Sessionator

Could you share the two security rules? Just a screenshot is enough

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Is the whole file reached to the destination? Firewall allows some byte to determine the kind of traffic is going through the firewall and there after starts drooping them.

How would I know if the whole file reached the destination? A deny allows nothing as far as I can tell

How you are saying that firewall is allow is allowing traffic?

Hi @jdprovine,

I might be overlooking something.

But from what I see, the rule in th original log screenshot is different from the 2 screenshots below.

And so are the zones between the screenshots.

Did you manage to find out the issue and resolve it?

Thank You.

I found out it was dropping the packets and  it is working

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!