Dropping of SNMP polling when committing changes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dropping of SNMP polling when committing changes

Not applicable

I have a pair of PAN-500 in HA on 3.1.9 and our NMS system polls the PAN using SNMP.

Everytime I commit a rulechange, i noticed that it stops answering SNMP requests for about 2 minutes.

The PAN still passess traffic but I've seen this with ruleset commits and software or definition updates.

Is this by design?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

This is not by designe.  SNMP uses default timers. Try modifying the SNMP timer to 3x the Polling interval. If this does not solve the problem then open a case with support.

Steve Krall

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!