dynamic external lists sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

dynamic external lists sources

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I am trying to use the Palo Alto Bulletproof, high Risk, and known malicious dynamic external lists. However, I can't add them because the sources aren't listed in the drop down menu of the "Add External Dynamic List" window.

nwnetadmin_0-1617919188682.png

I read that it uses the content updates to get those. I am up to date on the Application and Threats Dynamic Updates. And the Threat Prevention License is active. 

Firewall is a PA-820 running 10.0.5.

I seem to remember that, on my other firewalls, these lists were just "there" to be used in the security policies. Seems like there is probably just another check box somewhere for me to trigger those to be available, but I am not sure where.

What could I be missing?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The definitions are not installed. They look to only be downloaded. Install them and see what happens.

OtakarKlier_0-1617980217672.png

The predefined EDL's dont have to be added. They will appear automatically.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L2 Linker

Hi @nwnetadmin ,

I believe you may be missing predefined EDL based on the screenshot.

This article below should help.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PM0pCAG

Essentially, dynamic updates with AV needs to be downloaded/installed for all the predefined EDL's to be present on the firewall and use it further.

Hope this helps,

Yogesh 

okay,

this shows that dynamic updates are activated and installed:

nwnetadmin_0-1617976542261.png

and this shows that threat prevention is active:

nwnetadmin_1-1617976584402.png

Not sure if there is somewhere else that I should be looking at?

Hello,

The definitions are not installed. They look to only be downloaded. Install them and see what happens.

OtakarKlier_0-1617980217672.png

The predefined EDL's dont have to be added. They will appear automatically.

Regards,

Oh wow. I guess I need to look closer.

Thank you!

that fixed it. Kind of embarrased, but that's okay. The value of screenshots!

Thank you!

Hey no judgement here, I've done worse (just ask my wife) ;). We all over look things especially when we are all overworked. Glad you got it going!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!