Email Scheduler Not Working (Urgent Action Required)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Scheduler Not Working (Urgent Action Required)

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

We've configured to schedule reports for email delivery on daily basis, It was working fine without any issues but last week we had restarted the Palo Alto firewall, Since from that day we're not getting custom report email.

When we check "send test email" on Email Sheduler its working fine. Verified all the configuration which is fine only, There is no configuration changes made.

When I analyse Tech Support File seen { Thread 1 (LWP 6169): logrcvr restarted unexpectedly however no known issue was identified. Please open a case if further assistance is required} <-- does it shows any bug of known issue..??

Seen following errors, Can anyone explain for what cause it showing this following error..??

paadmin@HO-LAN-PA500-PRI> tail follow yes lines 25 mp-log ms.log
Error: pan_cfg_mgr_handle_local_request(pan_cfg_mgr.c:29763): The following request could not be handled:
<request cmd="op" complete="/operations/tail/lines" cookie="6219025012107925" pobj="/config/devices/entry[@name='localhost.localdomain']"><follow>yes</follow></request>

client dagger reported op command was SUCCESSFUL
Error: pan_get_current_gp_datafile_release_date(pan_cfg_utils.c:5444): Failed to parse file /opt/pancfg/mgmt/global-protect/av-data/av_data_file.dat
Error: pan_cfg_mgr_get_sp_disabled(pan_cfg_mgr.c:5509): failed to fetch: NO_MATCHES
Error: pan_cfg_mgr_get_tpl_disabled(pan_cfg_mgr.c:5534): failed to fetch: NO_MATCHES
Error: pan_get_current_gp_datafile_release_date(pan_cfg_utils.c:5444): Failed to parse file /opt/pancfg/mgmt/global-protect/av-data/av_data_file.dat
NO_MATCHES
Memory dump size: 0
'cfg.corr.enabled': NO_MATCHES

Note:

PAN-OS :8.0.4

PA-500

Can anyone provide your valuable suggestion here to fix an issue please!

Thanks And Regards,

Sethupathi M

7 REPLIES 7

Community Team Member

Hi @Sethupathi ,

I would strongly recommend upgrading your PAN-OS version. 

8.0.4 is almost 2 years old and plenty of issues have been fixed since then.

If urgent action is required then I'd recommend reaching out to TAC ... that said, I'm quite certain TAC will also suggest a software upgrade first.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sethupathi,

As @kiwi already stated you are on a severely outdated, and early, image within the 8.0.* codebase and you fix a ton of bugs by upgrading that directly relate with both the logrcvr processes and the reportd processes on the firewall that play heavily when running scheduled reports. Add to that you are missing more than a few security related updates addressing multiple security issues present in that release.

I'm not usually a big fan of saying update your box without addressing specific bugs that users can give to management to justify the downtime, so I've provided a few that you may be running into if you need them for justification purposes. However just the simple security fixes should be enough if you search the release notes for "CVE".

• PAN-73933
  • PAN-79844
  • PAN-78718
  • PAN-86353
  • PAN-76404
  • PAN-81416
  • PAN-88981
  • PAN-107708

As a note the above Issue IDs were pulled based off of issues that may effect the generation and delivery of reports. These were not identified to be specific to the users reported issue. 

Hi Team,

Could you please provide your valuable suggestion here.

We upgrade the software version from PAN-OS 8.0.4 to PAN-OS 8.0.17 , But it didn't help. Still it's not working.

1) I have followed the steps in the KB article to test and verify email profile settings
https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClUiCAK

2) On the PA firewall under Monitor > PDF Reports > Email Scheduler, the ‘Send test email’ was successful

3) The telnet and connection to SMTP server succeeded (eximbankindia-in.mail.protection.outlook.com)

220 MA1IND01FT005.mail.protection.outlook.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 12 Jun 2019 06:43:03 +0000
HELO
250 MA1IND01FT005.mail.protection.outlook.com Hello [122.15.255.249]
MAIL FROM: Helpdesk@eximbankindia.in
250 2.1.0 Sender OK
RCPT TO: ISO@eximbankindia.com
250 2.1.5 Recipient OK

4) We have also tested the Custom reports with ‘Run Now’ and PA firewall was able to generate the report

5) But on the logs I'm getting following error: "Failed to email PDF reports to 'ISO@eximbankindia.com' 'helpdesk@eximbankindia.in' for email profile Email"

Failed to email PDF report (1).png

@Sethupathi,

The system logs you included would seem to imply that the host isn't accepting the message from the firewall for some reason. The test message is simply validating the settings are correct, but it oviously doesn't include any sort of attachment. I would verify that you email server is configured to actually accept attachments. 

L0 Member

email scheduler does not work after I upgrade the panos to 10.2.1

already tested this solution but still doesn't work.

ritcherico_0-1650712328351.png

L0 Member
  • Fix the Task Scheduler Using the Registry Editor.
  • Use the Correct Task Conditions in the Task Scheduler
  • Delete Corrupted Task Scheduler Tree Cache.
  • Use the DISM and SFC Tools.

Hi Gracepil962 , 

requesting any link as a guide on how to perform this task.

thanks

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!