Error on generating system logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on generating system logs

L1 Bithead

i just upgraded to 9.1.11 from 9.1.10 and i get a pop up message saying "Error on generating system logs" but the logs shows up fine and updated

is this a bug ?

there isn't an error in the system monitor and i checked the known issues but it wasn't in them

perr.png

33 REPLIES 33

We tried a restart of one of our Panorama boxes but it did not resolve the issue.

I'm having the same issue and tried to restart the management plane.  The error still pops up.

L0 Member

We are getting the same error upon checking traffic logs however, as you say, this appears to be purely cosmetic. What isn't cosmetic is that we are not longer able to ping or SNMP poll the mgmt. interface, traffic logs show traffic coming in but firewall mgmt interface is not responding, no bytes received, but ping, https and snmp are enabled on management interface.

L1 Bithead

We are also seeing this error after upgrading to 9.1.11 from 9.1.10. I've opened a support case and will post back with any updates.

L3 Networker

This was what we got back from support:

Comment: Hi,

Good day and I just confirmed that the ​engineering is planning to fix this issue on 10.0.9 and 10.1.4 PAN-OS which were not yet released.

So you can ignore the alert for now as there will not be any production impact. Once the above PAN-OS versions releases, you can upgrade the devices to resolve the issue.

If there is any other concern, please do not hesitate to tell, thank you.

Best Regards,
Crystal Sun, Palo Alto Networks Technical Support

Thanks! I just upgraded and getting this error as well, so it must be most customers. 

L1 Bithead

I installed the recently released hotfix (9.1.11-h2) and the bug is still present

L0 Member

Same here. Just upgraded to 9.1.11 this past weekend. I guess we will wait for a fix.

I tried restarting the mgmt-server
but same issue occurred

L0 Member

Same here. Just upgraded to 9.1.11 got the same thing, will wait for the fix.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!