Error Palo Alto Global Protect on MacBook

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error Palo Alto Global Protect on MacBook

L0 Member
Hi Guys,

I am facing an error when i want to use global protect on my mac.

Every time i want to log on, It shows Gateway SSL VPN GW: The server certificate is invalid.

Last two weeks i just use this and no problem.

Please help me to solve this issue because it was very urgent.

Appreciate if you could help me to solve this.

Btw: my MacBook OS is MOJAVE and my global protect version is 4.1.1-14

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kevin234 

GlobalProtect 4.1 is officialy end of life so you may consider upgrading to newer version 5.1 and above (if you don't search for new features I would suggest yuo to stick with 5.1).

That being said error message you receive usually indicates what is actually said - the SSL certificated that is installed on the firewall that you use for GP gateway is invalid. If you said you was able to use it was week it is possible that the ceritifcate has expired.

The easiest and quickest way to check the certificate is to open the address that you use to connect with web browsers (it is not always the case, but usually the certificate that you will see in the web browser will be the same that GlobalProtect will receive when establishing the tunnel). If you browser trust the provided certificate so the GP will. If there is an issue with the ceritifate (either it is expired or signed by untrsuted authority or something else) you will receive warning message and the padlock next the URL in your browser will say the connection is not secure.

Do you manage the firewall that is being used for the GlobalProtect VPN or someone else?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!