error while updating the brighcloud DB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

error while updating the brighcloud DB

Not applicable

hi,

during the update process of the webfilter DB am getting the following error error in SSL_read() call ?

while i can downlod the aapp-threat prevention.

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

Hello Feras,

Did you activate the proxy connection for the management?

If it's true, do not activate the control A/V for the URL updates.paloaltonetworks.com on the proxy. Exclude this URL for the proxy

What are the steps you realized for the activation of Brighcloud?

Regards,

Arnaud

well i dont have a proxy in my network , its direct connection to the internet , if that what u mean .

and for activating the brightcloud i did it from the site under my devices then from the appliance under Device-license-Retrieve license keys from license  server

am i missing anything here ?

Ok.

Did you realize the following cli command:

# request url-filtering upgrade brightcloud

you can check the status with this cli command:

# request url-filtering download status

or in the logs # tail mp-log pan_bc_download.log

Do you have an error message after it?

You must to wait the download of the entire database. after it, you will activate the url filtering in the webui on the menu 'licences"

Regards,

Arnaud

yes am getting this error from the CLI only as i tried these commands before posting here .

Sep 24 13:07:25 Failed to download 'full_bcdb_3.443.bin'
Sep 24 13:07:25 Error: pan_bc_download(pan_bc_url.c:1200): Failed to perform download and update
Sep 24 13:07:25 Error downloading latest URL database
Received header HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 363533308
Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:26:08 GMT

error in SSL_read() call

Could you paste the result of cli command # show system info

It's just to check your version of PAN OS and apps version.

Regards,

Arnaud

It's strange, it's looks like an issue with a previous integration. The problem was an equipment analyzed the traffic and did some actions.

Verify if you have a IPS / IDS or an another equipment analyzing the traffic http or https.

ok i`ll check that and update with the resault

Not applicable

hi,

Do you fix your issue or find a workaround?

Arnaud

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!