Even block of Geolocation inbound and outbound Google & other showing South Korea

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Even block of Geolocation inbound and outbound Google & other showing South Korea

L3 Networker

We are facing issue with location even we block for example south Korea but all infrastructure VM GP showing location South Korea.

Any thing that i am missing ?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Are you saying the external IP is saying SKorea and so does say a google search? Check ARIN and see who owns the IP block ASN. I have seen where some companies will sell a portion of their IP's. If the PAN is saying SKorea and ARIN is saying something else, I would open a case and ask TAC since they might be pushing out old geo location IP's.

Regards,

The External IP saying Ireland IP same as our Public IP . But when we open Google,Yahoo,Youtube. Its showing S.Koera sreach. Which is totaly strange even it is been block by GeoLocation Inbound and Outbound. I cannot see any traffic on Monitoring on PA.

Hey @NavidAlam ,

From your explanation it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with your firewall configuration. It sounds like the public IP your users are using to access Internet have wrong geolocation data. You need to check with your ISP as they are owner and they can request update for the geolocation data related to your public IP range

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!