Exclude all Zoom traffic from GlobalProtect VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exclude all Zoom traffic from GlobalProtect VPN

L3 Networker

We have been trying to exclude all Zoom-related traffic from the GlobalProtect VPN tunnel.

So far we have tried with: "*.zoom.us" exclusion configured directly on the GP gateway as a domain in:

Network --> GlobalProtect --> Gateways --> GW NAME --> Agent --> CLient Settings --> Split tunnel --> Domain and Application

But this seems to not completely do the trick as Zoom use some AWS default domains, not under *.zoom.us.

What approaches will work that does not involve having to manually exclude all the IP ranges as defined here?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362683-Network-Firewall-or-Proxy-Server-Settings-for-Zo...

The Zoom binary path seems to be this one, but I'm not sure PA supports wildcards on the path like this:

C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe

59 REPLIES 59

we have the correct ranges but its like the clients are not splitting the traffic and this traffic is still going through the tunnel.

Is it needed to restart the agent or any action in GP to refresh?

You need to do a GP connection refresh, and after connection is reestablished exit & access again Zoom, that should do it.

What version of GP are you using? My tests showed that begore GP v5.1.1 lots of things are not right with the split tunnel.

We configured the zoon split tunneling using domain and application but we see that sessions to zoom using port 8801. These 8801 sessions are going through the tunnel. Is there any way to split this traffic?

I have the same issue. Port 8801 is going through GP tunnel and some 443 zoom-base sessions.

How did you solve it? any idea?

What GP version are you using? TO me, deploying GP v5.1.1 solved the issue.Before we were using v4.something.

Hi,

I upgraded the clients to 5.1.3 GP version. but we still see traffic logs for zoom ips in port 443. Why? 

Hi, 

I have the same problem - GP 5.1.3 and exclude zoom app but some flows are still on gateway and in tunnel to the internal company network. Why? Somebody does know solid and stable solution how to exclude zoom traffic from tunnel on GP?

regards,

Andrzej

We still see connections in port 8801 in FW. someone worked split for zoom?

L1 Bithead

Split on gateway per user group domain zoom.us and zoom.com, split on gateway application zoom-base nad zoominfo (lack of application zoom-meeting which is main application!!!) or exclude process of zoom exe - all of them solutions don't work. Traffic still is sending via firewall and internal network despite of direct from client GP to the Internet/to the zoom cloud. Nobody resolved this issue?

Make sure you have the GlobalProtect license installed on that Gateway, as license is required for some advanced features like split tunneling.

Hi just curious how you created the address group.

I'll tried in on PAN-OS 9.1x (Panorama and firewalls) and got a validation error, when I tried to push the changes to the firewall.

Which PAN-OS and GP versions are you using?

L1 Bithead

Facing the same issue.

However, just 'allow listing' zoom.us and zoom.com along with /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/MacOS/zoom.us for MAC work. It's sad that I can't use the predefined application for video-conferencing to exclude in the spit-tunnelling.

L0 Member

Needs Global Protect license for optimized split tunnel to work correctly. 

L1 Bithead

Also facing same issue,

• 59 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!