Expand Log Storage Capacity on the Panorama Virtual Appliance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expand Log Storage Capacity on the Panorama Virtual Appliance

L2 Linker

Hi everyone,

I'm using Panorama 8.0.5 in Legacy mode on ESXi 6.0, I've 2 virtual disks:

virtual disk 1: 52GB for system

virtual disk 2: 500GB for logging storage.

Now, I want to expand the size of logging storage up to 2TB. So can I just changing the size of current disk 2 from 500GB to 2TB or I have to add another 2TB virtual disk 3 then delete the current 500GB virtual disk 2??

If I have to delete the current 500G virtual disk 2, is there any way to transfer logs on virtual disk 2 to the new 2TB virtual disk 3?

Thank you!!!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Hongson,

Since you are in Legacy mode you can only have 1 virtual disk for logging, with a max of 8TBs of space. You can naviagate HERE to get a list of instructions on how to do so. 

To transfer the logs from virtual disk 2 to the new virtual disk it's recommended that you contact support and go through the process with them. You can find instructions on how to do this yourself if you try, but it's a pretty drawn out process that takes a lot of time and requires a lot of steps to be done correctly; honestly it's worth just walking through it with support so that you don't lose any of the logs in the process. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Hongson,

Since you are in Legacy mode you can only have 1 virtual disk for logging, with a max of 8TBs of space. You can naviagate HERE to get a list of instructions on how to do so. 

To transfer the logs from virtual disk 2 to the new virtual disk it's recommended that you contact support and go through the process with them. You can find instructions on how to do this yourself if you try, but it's a pretty drawn out process that takes a lot of time and requires a lot of steps to be done correctly; honestly it's worth just walking through it with support so that you don't lose any of the logs in the process. 

Hi @BPry and hi all,

I got 1 more question.

If I remove and then re-add a same virtual disk by issue these command:

request system disk remove "disk name"  /  request system disk add "disk name"

Will my logs on that virtual disk still remain or it'll be formatted after I added it again?

@Hongson,

I haven't added a disk to Panorama in a bit; but I want to say that neither command with actually format anything. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!