Expedition Tool Cisco to PA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Tool Cisco to PA

L1 Bithead

I am having an Existing setup of cisco where all my ISP are terminated which is a standlalone device ,now migrating to PA 3220 with HA,but over here my ISP will be terminated on switch and from switch one cable to PA 3220 will be going...how do i migrate interfaces of all ISP(Approx 5) to Palo Alto(1).

How do i do remap,in this case,will i need to manually configure the policy and static route with respect to old cisco firewall.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Swetang,

So as a quick question, why are you trying to go down to a sole interface instead of maintaining a separate interface for each ISP? Just for redundancy sake I wouldn't want to bring five different ISP connections through a single interface on my firewall.

how do i migrate interfaces of all ISP(Approx 5) to Palo Alto(1).

Assuming that you aren't running routing protocols, you would have to bring these across as VLANs so you can actually seperate things out on the firewall side of things. Again, I wouldn't recommend brining all five ISP connections across the same interface even when you have an HA setup.

How do i do remap,in this case,will i need to manually configure the policy and static route with respect to old cisco firewall.

Yes.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!