Exporting log files from terminal server agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exporting log files from terminal server agent

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I've got an installation where we have approx 500 citrix servers running the terminal server agent. The TS-agent has a log file located in the installation folder (debug.log), which I need to look at from time to time. To retrieve the log file I actually have to log on to each server. 

From what I've been able to find out, it is not possible to get the agent to log to an external syslog server, or retrive the logs through the api. 

Does anyone have a smart solution for gathering the log files for all agents in one location, so it's easier to retrieve them?

- Tor

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi Tor,

again I am no Windows expert - but that sounds like it is the easiest to solve with some PowerShell script. Hopefully someone with more experience with Windows farms can answer this better with more original idea, sorry 🙂

Best regards

Luciano

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi Torm,

I am no Windows expert and can't help you with your idea of resolving the issue, but I was wondering - would you be able to pull such information from UserID logs on the device itself? By it's nature, it should aggregate most of the information from logs, maybe it is contained there?

You can review those logs from CLI by doing "less mp-log useridd.log" and you can also raise debugs on it by doing "debug user-id on debug" (remember to return it to defaults, "debug user-id on info" once you are done, and verify debug level by issuing "debug user-id get" to see what is set).

Sorry if I didn't help much 🙂

Best regards,

Luciano

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortuneatelly, there is so much going on in the userid.log file, that the rotation time for the file is only approx 1 hour. So that doesn't give me enough history. It's a pretty large user-id deployment with approx 70k users. 

What I'm interessing in is the actually port-mappings being done in the agent. That means which port blocks are allocated to which user. I do not believe the CLI or logs on firewall can give me history on this. It just give me the "running" info when I use the commands "show user ip-port-user-mapping ip/all".

Agent log file contains execatly what I need, but it's really annoying having to log on to the servers. To bad there is no support for sending theese logs with syslog.

- Tor

L5 Sessionator

Hi Tor,

again I am no Windows expert - but that sounds like it is the easiest to solve with some PowerShell script. Hopefully someone with more experience with Windows farms can answer this better with more original idea, sorry 🙂

Best regards

Luciano

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!