Facing issue with SSL VPN with Particular ubuntu machine(Linux)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Facing issue with SSL VPN with Particular ubuntu machine(Linux)

L1 Bithead

Dear Friends,

Hope you are all doing good!!!

I am facing issue SSL VPN for particular ubuntu 14.0 user.

Here is my findings and observation below:

================================

++ Customer having 4 diff ISP provider

++ The user was in full tunnel mode in GP VPN.

++ Out of 4 ISP only one ISP ubuntu14 machine getting connected with GP VPN and able to access local network under Palo firewall.

++ same 4 ISP was working as expected on windows PC(we booted dual boot on same laptop).

++ But, MY QUERY was why the same 4 ISP can't connect the GP VPN on linux machine ? while it was happening on windows why it was not happening in linux(machine) GP client?

++ Is there any separate working mechanism for windows and linux machine?

How to Resolve and find RCA for this issue ?

Regards

Kirubakaran

Kirubakaran.M
Security Support Engineer
5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would test this with a newer version of Ubuntu and see if the issue still persists. Could just be that version 14 is too old?

Just a thought.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@KirubaKaran,

Just to verify, are you actually using the client on both operating systems or is the Ubuntu machine using X-Auth? 

Hi Klier,

Thanks for the prompt reply They using 18.04 ubuntu.

Kirubakaran.M

Hi Bry,

Thanks in advance,

There is no XAUTH configuration exist,

Thanks & Regards

Kirubakaran

Kirubakaran.M

@KirubaKaran,

So if you are using the client for both Windows and Ubuntu machines there's no technical differences that should be preventing the client on Ubuntu from connecting to the gateway. I'd review the local client logs and see what the agent logs are telling you on the Ubuntu machines, as I would expect the issue is on the client side. Regardless, the client side logs will tell you what's going on and why they aren't able to establish a connection.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!