failed panorama migration

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L2 Linker

i actually have done that

active firewall, which has the correct ruleset, show all good

Running ConfigSynchronized 

i do still have config-sync disabled, as i think enabling it could cause more problems

just looking for a way to fix the passive fw somehow

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

Can you try if in current state it allows you to export config from Panorama to firewall and then load device-state from cli?

Enterprise Architect @ Cloud Carib www.cloudcarib.com
ACE, PCNSE, PCNSI
Highlighted
L2 Linker

thanks

unfortunately, i removed everything from panorama

but from your message, i got this idea

import both firewalls again, and try to export active fw device group to passive fw again. theres a delete on the firewall that happens at this stage right, maybe it will fix things

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

You can try following

Import active fw to Panorama.

Commit to Panorama.

Export to passive device.

Load device config on passive.

Change any settings that is different in passive (mgmt ip, hostname, HA settings etc)

Commit to firewall.

If successful so far then commit to firewall from Panorama.

Enterprise Architect @ Cloud Carib www.cloudcarib.com
ACE, PCNSE, PCNSI

View solution in original post

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!