Failover of IPSEC Tunnels from active to Passive Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failover of IPSEC Tunnels from active to Passive Firewall

L0 Member

Hello,

I have a setup of Two AWS_VM-Series_Palo Alto devices, which are acting as Standalone firewalls but as Primary and Secondary respectively on AWS. Due to some limitations, I cannot configure HA between them, however there is a tunnel connecting these two firewalls for manual traffic failover. Now I would like to setup tunnel monitoring and automatic failover of IPSEC tunnels (with BGP routing) from Primary to Secondary firewall, in case of a tunnel failure on Primary firewall

Any suggestions/examples of such a configuration would be helpful.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

HI ,

When you are using BGP tunnel monitoring is not required for failover . Create export and import priority in BGP for Active and Passive tunnels. It should work seamless. Please try and let me know,

Thanks,

Ram

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!