Feature Request experience

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

I agree with PA doing ok in their current FR process.  

Since they're not an open source product making public every FR and turning it into the "get 100,000 signatures and the White House will respond" kind of envirornment (I think) would probably be detramental to PA's over-all business.

Sometimes some secrecy is more benificial.

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

I agree with @TerjeLundbo , if PAN can improve the transparency of feature request process and bugs tracking of the released software that are being investigate  on ETAC or Engineering level as well and provide the known work arounds.   That will be helpful.

I think Palo Alto Network is doing a great job of adding new features.   At the same time,  they need to able to able to tweak existing features to adapt it to their customer needs as well.    

Highlighted

I'm not sure what better way there is to find out what people want than by having a feature request tracking system people can upvote on. I am, however, quite certain that there is nothing less helpful than not knowing if a critical issue (missing feature) you have is even being considered for future development and that's where I'm at now.

If Microsoft and Google and Salesforce and Cisco, for example, all have feature request tracking or public documentation about upcoming features it seems like it can't be a terribly crazy idea.

I've only seen one of my FR's get implemented and I only knew it was implemented _after_ it was released so I couldn't plan for it as I was deciding if I needed to switch vendors.

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@Brandon_Wertz I know that you can put in a 'private' FR on Cisco's website so that it's never displayed elsewhere. I agree that some changes need transparacy but from what I've heard from our SE it isn't even that useful of a system on their end, as they have to search for open FR requests to add your weight towards before opening a new one. It seems like they could do things a lot better than what they do now as far as FRs go. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!