Firefox11 log details not showing up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firefox11 log details not showing up

L1 Bithead

I have updated to firefox 11 and now the log details window starts to pop up but just sits there spinning trying to display the data.

I have tried this on a linux installation and windows as well. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so other than backing down version is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Mike

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Hello Mike, 

There is a known bug on 4.1.x with Firefox 10/11, when using HTTPS there can be a problem tranferring a large amount of data between the client and device.  

The bug has been found in things like log details, routes, url filtering profiles and it could potentially manifest in other objects. 

There is a fix in 4.1.5. Workaround could include:

1) Using HTTP(not recommended)

2) Firefox version pre 10/11

3) Different browser.

- Stefan

Thanks Stefan,

I will be waiting for 4.1.5

Mike

Was this fix incorporated in the 4.1.5 update for Panorama as well? We are seeing better results on the FW directly, but Panorama is still spinning....

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Chris it is planned to be corrected in the next Panorama release.

Not listed in the release notes for 4.1.5 ?

Hi Dieter,

Please look at the PA 4.1.5 release notes for te Following Bug id. You should be able to find this under "Addressed issues" section.

36148 – Problem submitting a virtual router configuration with a large amount of static routes when using Firefox over HTTPS.

Issue due to Firefox sending larger packet sizes than other browsers, which the firewall could not process because of a limited buffer size.

Regards,

Parth

Thanks, but you have to admit that description doesn't mention anything about the log details not displaying in Firefox Smiley Happy.

Anyway, I can confirm the issue is resolved in 4.1.5

But unfortunately not fixed in Panorama 4.1.5

:smileycry:

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!