Floating mangement IP for firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Floating mangement IP for firewall

L3 Networker

Hi All,

Can we setup floating management IP so that I can always login to active device ?

We do have option by setting management profile for interface, but looking for an option if we can set it up via management interface .

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

I don't think there's a way to do an actual floating VIP on the management interfaces.  However, you can enable a management profile on another interface (such as your main inside LAN interface, or an interface you setup specifically for this purpose).  You can then use this address to login to whichever device is active.

@OwenFuller 

Thanks for confirmation .

Thanks 

@deepak12,

Is this just for ease of use for the GUI/CLI or for automation? If it's for automation, you can actually utilize the API call below to show the high-availability state result. Once you have the result it's just as simple as parsing the result to determine the peers HA state, and then you can pass your automation calls to the active peer. 

https://firewall/api/?type=op&cmd=<show><high-availability><state></state></high-availability></show>&key=myfirewallkey

If this isn't for automation and you simply want to have an easy way of only ever hitting the active unit, you don't have any other option outside of setting up an interface management profile as mentioned by @OwenFuller.  

@BPry ,

Yeah , i was asking for automaton prospective .

i will use script to validate HA status.

Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!