Force GlobalProtect client to only apply to 1 of 2 ethernet connections

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Force GlobalProtect client to only apply to 1 of 2 ethernet connections

L0 Member

I have 2 physical ethernet ports on my Windows PC. 1 is for external internet and connecting to work VPN. The other is for a local-only ethernet network. When I connect to my office VPN via GlobalProtect, I lose access to the devices on my local-only network. How can I tell GlobalProtect to only apply to traffic on ethernet port 1? Why is it redirection all ports in the first place?

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Hey , just enable the split tunneling and add IP's of your office network for which vpn connection should work otherwise  all other remaining traffic would go by other connection.

So yes enable split tunnel in gateway config of gp 

Hope it helps

Please elaborate on where I would find such a setting. I see no client-side settings involving split-tunnel in my Global Protect app. Is this something that has to be done on VPN server side?

follow this link and you will get to knoq

https//docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-0/pan-os-new-features/globalprotect-features/split-tunnel-to-exclude-by-access-route

Please mark this as solution if you get the resolution .This will help others.

That is an administrator-side configuration and I have no access or authority to change. I'm the client.

However, there was a promising lead at the bottom of that page that I will check out:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/7-1/globalprotect-admin/set-up-the-globalprotect-inf...

cheers and hope it gets resolved ! 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!