Force updating and installing PanDB URL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Force updating and installing PanDB URL

L4 Transporter

Hi,

In previous version to 7.0.x we went to DEVICE->DYNAMIC UPDATES->UPDATE URL FIltering packet. but in the new version i can see anything related to URL filtering PANDB update. How can i force my PA to download and install new DB URL

PA1(active)> show url-cloud status

PAN-DB URL Filtering
License : valid
Current cloud server : s0300.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com
Cloud connection : connected
Cloud mode : public
URL database version - device : 2016.09.19.439
URL database version - cloud : 2016.09.19.439 ( last update time 2016/09/20 11:57:22 )
URL database status : good
URL protocol version - device : pan/0.0.2
URL protocol version - cloud : pan/0.0.2
Protocol compatibility status : compatible

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi,

If you go to the device page > licenses, you can click the download now button under your PAN-DB license to re-download the seed database.

hope this helps,

Ben

But doing that you redownload the seed, right?? not the DB or its the same??? any way to force jsut update the PanDB to last version?? in onder version it was more easy and intuitive 😞

Hi,

Yes you redownload the seed, but it also kicks off a refresh of the URL database to download the latest.

Ben

this will affect to the service, redownloading the seed??

according to the system log, the URL filtering engine stops and then starts back up again. On my lab box this took a total of 1 second from stop to start.

Ben

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!