General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

Threat Vector, a Unit 42 Podcast, is Now on LIVEcommunity!

We have some exciting community news to share: Threat Vector, a Unit 42 podcast, is now on LIVEcommunity!

Threat Vector is your compass in the world of cyberthreats. Listen to this biweekly podcast to learn about unique threat intelligence, cutting

jforsythe by Community Team Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes

How and Why to Accept a Solution to Your Post

Did you know that you can help your fellow community members by accepting solutions when a reply answers your question. Accepted solutions are a super-helpful resource in the community, and we want to make sure our members understand how this feature

JayGolf_0-1691518400714.jpeg
JayGolf by Community Team Member
  • 2 replies
  • 14 Likes

GlobalProtect and using split tunneling

Global protect has the handy feature of excluding select destinations from being sent over the vpn. For example, setting

(Split Tunnel - Domain and Application - Exclude Client Application Process Name) https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/

Issues with pushing out 10.2.9-h1

There is not a community discussion for issues implementing 10.2.9-h1

We have a maintenance window to push out 10.2.9-h1 Thursday evening and with recent issues with 1.2.7.h3 and other roll outs i am starting this thread for the community.

Fast boot PA-450

I have a firewall that for some reason after doing a version update to 11.1 is only taking 2 to 3 min to boot now. I noticed all the logs were not showing up and the interfaces was showing down, but everything was working. I decided to do a factory r

dwythe by L0 Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! USER ID MAX USERS IN A GROUP???

Hello,

I've configured on PA5060 an Idenfication with AD:

PA5060: 4.1.6    USER ID AGENT : 4.1.4-3

LDAP SERVER 389

I do a group mapping  by group but this group have more than 16000 users.

when I do a show user usersIDS , I can't see all my users. I know

alle by L3 Networker
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Monitoring Global Protect

I'm currently in the process of migrating my company from AnyConnect to Global Protect on our 5220s.  I'm looking for your feedback on how you all "monitor" the VPN service?

When comparing the "dashboard" view of Cisco's ASDM I don't really see anyth

Resolved! Unable to download new version

PA-440 running 10.1.13 update to 10.2.0, but when I download 10.2.0-h2  ......

admin@PA-440> request system software download version 10.2.0-h2

Download job enqueued with jobid 9

admin@PA-440> show jobs id 9

<response status="success"><result>Enqueu

Can't install device certificate

Hello,

I'm trying to install a device certificate as instructed in the manual. 

I generate OTP using my account, I indeed see my valid serial number, get the OTP. 

Then I copy-paste to the firewall GUI and get the following error: 

I'm connected

Screenshot 2024-04-17 173742.png
YonatanG by L1 Bithead
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes

TS agent SSL error

Hello, 

I've been trying to add a new TS agent on my firewalls. As there is no redistribution for user-{ip+port} mapping, I want to map the TS agent to 2 FWs. Backend FW is connected correctly, Frontend FW is in error.

I can capture the following betw

MMerlier by L1 Bithead
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Upgrade PAN OS from 10.1 to 11.1

Hi Community,

My customer plan to upgrade their PAN OS from 10.1 to 11.1

From documentation said, You can now use the Skip Software Version Upgrade feature to skip software versions when upgrading your device from PAN-OS 10.1 or later releases.

Wh

HSutanto_0-1709107246673.png

Resolved! Edit personal information

I'm trying to update some personal information (my last name), but when i save the configuration, it doesn't actually save.

On the other hand, my last name changed and now its my name (Lucas Lucas).

Please help me, i can't find any Customer Service

loropeza by L0 Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes

403 forbidden error while importing IDP fiile

Hii,

I have been trying to import G suit IDP file in SAML Identity provider on palo alto VM firewall but for infinite time its just showing message "uploading" without showing any error message. when I checked in network tab of inspect element I ca

Resolved! PING from Firewall GUI

Hi All,

I have a basic doubt.

Isit possible to ping from firewall GUI ?

If not from Panaroma CLI, isit possible to connect firwall ( to test the ping from firewall to host )

Reason : To check the network latency from fireawall.

Thanks

KM

• 24183 Posts
  • 100 Subscriptions
Top Liked Authors
Labels