FQDN exclusion Global Protect enforce connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

FQDN exclusion Global Protect enforce connection

L4 Transporter

Is it possible to FQDN exclude  your local domain *.localdomain  when enforcing network Global Protect connection?   Could this be used as a workaround for not having pre-logon configured?  

How/why is there not a enforce global protect connection only while "outside" of the network?

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hi, not sure i understand the first part of your post, and  second part (i think) would not be enforced if using internal host detection.

This would be for updates in the case a user is not signed in/signed out.   Machine would lose connection if no prelogon is setup until user authenticates I think? Mostly regarding updates when a user is not signed into a machine.    But if internal it appears it still enforces sign on for network connectivity even when inside a trusted network.

do you mean your company domain that is local when at work or any localdomain at that time, only the first option is possible.

are you actually using internal host detection?

MickBall_0-1616060789648.jpeg

Thank you for the quick reply Mick.   Yes and yes.   If memory serves correct, when not logged in and enforce global protect, computers don't connect to local network I think?

OK i was not aware of that, I have never used the enforce GP option so cant really advise any further....  also I don't have lab access just now so cant even test.

I could be missing something, but wish there was an option to not enforce when on local trusted network if internal host detection occurred.   

sure, I can see what you are asking as GP is not running so how can the local host detection work, it only works when you connect to the portal. if you do manage to apply a local domain then what will happen when outside the office....   will it traverse the VPN or go direct when connected....

Perhaps the only way to take this is with IP address exclusions then? 

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!