FW Logging Prefix list

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

FW Logging Prefix list

L2 Linker

Can any one confirm that when we configured log collector group with two managed log collector (both active and passive Panorama's) and if see the logging status on the firewalls does it show only the Active Log collector or both Active and Passive log collector.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sanssj,

Why are you putting the passive Panorama instance in as a log collector? Your firewalls will never connect to the passive Panorama, and as soon as the Panorama HA members switch the firewalls would still be connecting to the 'active' Panorama instance with all of the 'active' members information. 

Its for log redundancy purpose.
So according to this deployment
https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/panorama/panorama_adminguide/manage-log-collection...

According to the above deployment at any given time FW’s should be sending the logs to both the local log collectors irrespective its active or passive.

But I agree with what u said i.e. the FWs will connected to only one of the local log collectors (active) and if that fails then FWs send the logs to the next available log collector in the device log preference list.

I just what to know why is this discrepancy.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!