FYI: PAN-OS 8.1/New Hardware Announced

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

FYI: PAN-OS 8.1/New Hardware Announced

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Check HERE for all the cool new features available within 8.1.0 and information on the brand-new PA-3200 series and the ruggerdized PA-220R. 

6 REPLIES 6

L2 Linker

Thanks for the Info.

L2 Linker

Any word on an ETA?  It's not like Palo Alto Networks to announce a product and not have it be immediately available...

@MarkRosenecker,

Officially the answer I've gotten is that it'll be released shortly. If you wish to know a more exact date I would reach out to your SE and see if they have any additional information that they can share with you. 

L7 Applicator

Anyone have any thoughts on when 8.1 might be officially recommended?  I seem to remember 7.1 was recommended pretty quickly but I held off, and in fact only just recently upgraded to, and 8.0.x release because of this.  I see some 8.1 features I'd really like.

@jsalmans,

Usually the *.1 releases are recommended after a few maintenance releases, largely because they don't usually include any massive changes. 

I've been running 8.1 on a few PA-220s that don't really do much but form a tunnel back to the head office for our IT staff, and really haven't run into any issues with it that actually stop anything from functioning. That being said; any release is really going to be specific to your enviroment and whether or not any of the known limitations of 8.1 would actually prevent you from deploying it. 

Currently there a 3 known limitations on 8.1.0, with 13 pages of known issues; so I probably wouldn't use it on any production firewalls that you actually need to have functioning currectly. Once the first few maintenance releases come out I would keep an eye on both the limitations and known issues and decide when that list would be acceptable in your enviroment; then you can start testing on any lab equipment that you have to actually move onto production equipment. 

• 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!