Get newly added Device in sync with Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Get newly added Device in sync with Panorama

L4 Transporter

I have been manging a PA-500 individually for a few months due to it being on Code 5.x and it not being able to be managed by my Panorama 8.x server. So I have finally brought this PA-500 up to code 8.x, runs like an old three legged dog now, but now I need to start managing with with Panorama. So how do I make sure I do not override the current config with essentially an empty device template? I think I imported a configured device a few months back and must have done it wrong it all the local config settings were overriden and lost when I did a push to the device. 

So how do I essentially import the current local config on the PA-500 and get it in sync with the panorama?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I have a feeling (experience) that push from Panorama flushes config in firewall first and then pushes new one to firewall.

So make sure that firewall management interface can still see Panorama even without any security and nat ruleset (can be hard to accomplish if it is remote firewall performing vpn to HQ).

I have seen similar complaints also from others.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Migration-Articles/How-to-Perform-a-Device-Config-Import-into-P...

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!