getting DDNS working with DYN.COM service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

getting DDNS working with DYN.COM service

L0 Member

I have to deploy some PAN firewalls at locations where ISPs only support DHCP. This seems to be increasing in some countries. I subscribed to DYN.COM but I am stuck on the certificate profile. I need the DYN.COM public cert and CA for dnsalias.com domain, but am not successful in getting it. I have a support case open with DYN, but taking a long time to get a response. I may have to change services. 
I am hoping someone in the community has paved the way on this and can provide a successful solution. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hey,

To get root cert of the site just go to the URL with browser.

Click on padlock and choose certificate.

Certificate Path
Choose top cert

View certificate

Copy to file

And import into Palo

Raido_0-1605252927662.png

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

L4 Transporter

@namijo ,

I hope Dyn.com is using the same certificate for their URL browsing and dynamic DNS serv ice, if yes, you can browse their URL and take certificates from there. In not, i would prefer to take a packet capture from the firewall and identify the certificate used in Dyn DNS service.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!