Global Protect Client Error "Failed to get default route entry"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Client Error "Failed to get default route entry"

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Has anyone seen this error before?

I have a user who is using SSL VPN to the Palo Alto.  Upon downloading the client, the initial connection works.

However, subsequent connections displays an error on the client "Failed to get default route entry".  The logs on the Palo Alto Firewall don't suggest an issue an indicate the user is connected and an IP assigned.  Yet the IPconfig on the laptop does not indicate the IP has been received.

I have other users connecting OK.

Regards

Mike

7 REPLIES 7

L3 Networker

One of the following should resolve your issue :

1. uninstall and re-install the GP client

2. Upgrade the GP client to the latest version

3. Re-image the workstation

4. If all fails try upgrading the pan-os version. (If you are still on the 6.1.X series)

Responses below

1. uninstall and re-install the GP client - Have done this but still the same

2. Upgrade the GP client to the latest version - We are running the latest version

3. Re-image the workstation - Really?  Re-Image a Client PC....what is the reason for this?

4. If all fails try upgrading the pan-os version. (If you are still on the 6.1.X series) - We are running the latest version

I have just started rolling this out and if point 3 is something I need to consider I will be worried

Reimage PC : To reformat the hard drive and repair damaged partitions

L5 Sessionator

You might have installed some third party software like antivirus/firewall/another vpn software which is confilicting.

L5 Sessionator

Hi Mike,

can you raise debug on the client side? Should be enabled from the GP configuration for users, you can collect troubleshooting information for network configurations and routing table. It is worth investigating is there some conflict in third-party software as well (why is customer using SSL VPN? Are they using some IPsec VPN at the same time that sets default route with same metric...?) I am thinking, error is not the happiest description what happened - it might be having problems installing default route to the client...

Raising debug on client and investigating client's routing table would be my first steps, before I take it to the GP, especially if everything works with all/most of other clients, debugged logs should tell you more anyhow. I would also try using the latest version of client, 3.0 has been out for a few days - perhaps it will solve your problems.

Best regards,

Luciano

L2 Linker

How to fix this "Failed to get default route entry" issue?

Community Team Member

Hi @SajidAliSajid ,

Luciano's previous comment is old but still valid.  Please do some debugging on the client side.  Collect the debug logs from the GP client and check there for starters.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!