Global Protect Client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Client

L3 Networker

Is there a specific command I can run to see what version GP client users are using?

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

You can get the GP agent version in any of these 3 ways:

1. GUI -> Dashboard -> General Information. Look for "GlobalProtect Client"

2. GUI -> Device -> GlobalProtect Client. Look for the version that is currently Activated

3. Run CLI command: 'show system info' and it shows up as "global-protect-client-package-version"

Regards,

tasonibare

L4 Transporter

Hello

you could open the global protect agent go click on help and select about global protect agent like this

Capture.PNG.png

L3 Networker

We had v1.1.6 downloaded and activated on the FW.  We downloaded and activated a newer version (v2.0.1) this past weekend.  We have about 400 clients connecting via GP.  I am looking at the monitor logs under HIP Match on the GUI and see some clients still running the old version.  I have it set for transparent install.. so I would say 90% actually got updated and 10% did not.  I am looking for a way to tell me which clients are running what version.  I am unable to go on all 400 client machines to confirm this.

L4 Transporter

Hi

You can get this information from Monitor>System log using filter "( eventid eq globalprotectgateway-config-succ )".

During logon process is logged also in description something similar to " ( description contains 'GlobalProtect gateway client configuration generated. User name: slawek, Private IP: 172.16.1.4, Client version 1.2.8-5, Client OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, 32-bit.' )"

Please export this filtered information to CSV and next to Excell and You can easly find such information.

Regards

SLawek

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!