Global Protect impacting PGP Single Sign-on

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect impacting PGP Single Sign-on

L2 Linker

Hello,

Just installed Global Protect 1.1.6 for first time and it seems to be interfering with our companies PGP Single Sign-on.

Initial authentication to the System PGP works fine.  Normally the system then takes you to your normal windows screen and startup begins.  Since the install of the GP you have to authenticate at the normal WINDOWS login screen.  Have seent his behavior on Windows 7.

It does not seem to impact PGP or the system otherwise.

Has Anyone run into this before?

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

From a PGP perspective I can say that we have had to disable the SSO functionality of it completely and went with a static username and password. We rolled out PGP about a year ago to 1000 laptops and it was nothing but trouble. Most of the issues stemmed from password synchronization when users changed their passwords. We even saw users logged in automatically even when their domain accounts were expired (yikes). We also utilize Junipers UAC Odyssey client on the endpoints as well.  The issues you are facing are most likely related to the GINA that is being used to "SSO" the user login. GP has its own Gina as well as our Odyssey client. I would make sure that your Gina modules are chained properly and that your protocol binding order is proper. You can try PGP support, but I have found that once Symantec bought them, the support is less then steller.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!