Global Protect issue with Windown server 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect issue with Windown server 10

L4 Transporter

The issue is that when I connected to a server through Global Protect, I can't connect to another server.
I have to disconnect from Global Protect and then connect to the desired server. So basically he can connect to one server at a time.

However, with Windows 10, version 1903 have no issue. But when I try to connect to Windows 10, version 2004 having an issue.
Either could not connect to the server or if they connect to one server then I could not connect to another.
I mean, I have to logout and from one and log in to another.

Then I have upgraded the GP 4. 0. 4-9 to 5.2.2 but still, the issue is the same.
Please advise on this issue.

PA - 500
PANOS 8.1.15-h3
GP 5.2.2

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

Hi,

can you please clarify on the exact issue?

@Mohammed_Yasin wrote:

The issue is that when I connected to a server through Global Protect, I can't connect to another server.
I have to disconnect from Global Protect and then connect to the desired server. So basically he can connect to one server at a time.

If you are able to connect to a server through GP and can only access server 2 without GP it sounds like a "split-tunnel" issue. But as you pointed out with a different version of the OS there is no issue. Where is the junction here?

Kind regards,
René
// If you like my answer force commit it.

@Rene_Boehme. I regret.

Whenever I log in on win 10 ver 1903 the SSL VPN connection was stable no issues,

but whenever I connect from the windows10 version 2004 the connection was unstable and all the connection like RDP or any Application is getting disconnect or stuck I mean its freezes

Then I have to disconnect the GP client forcefully and connect the client again.

Hey,

this is quiet tricky. There is a lot of stuff unknown but as you can nail it down to the OS I dont see any reason to troubleshoot GP. What you can try is to upgrade GP client to a newer version or play around with client IPSec/SSL connection setup. (see if opposite setting of yours is working better) 

Kind regards,
René
// If you like my answer force commit it.

@Mohammed_Yasin,

You're talking about moving between 1903 and 2004 but that would mean that you are using two different machines (VM or physical) correct? So really are we just dealing with a sample size of two machines, or have you testing this across multiple endpoints?

Are you enabling UDP for a transport for RDP (default settings) or have you enabled solely TCP? I've pushed out a GPO disabling UDP across most of my clients due to RDP freezing issues across poor VPN connections and disabling UDP and forcing TCP fixes the freezing issue. 

@BPry 

Both are physical desktop PC, 

When it connecting from Win 10 ver 1904 or any 19xx version, every service working fine and well.

When it connecting from Win 10 ver 2004, the issue comes across like RDP get stuck / few servers could not reach even if it pings to the server it will Request time out

I have upgraded the GP ver 5.1.6 5.2.2 then to the issue still the same.

@Rene_Boehme 

As BPry mentioned we had similar issue in our environment where Windows 10 PC freezes.

Fix was exactly as BPry mentioned.

We did below 

The Remote Desktop (RDP) client normally uses UDP transfer connection to make RDP a smoother experience for users. However some users’ devices are having issues with UDP.

Through testing with a user, we have created new group policy to apply on affected machines to disable the UDP and switch RDP to use the standard TCP connection.

We added all devices listed i to the AD group. 

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member
Install and Connect to the GlobalProtect VPN on a Windows...
  1. Click Download Windows 64-bit GlobalProtect agent for download to your computer. ...
  2. Double-click to open the GlobalProtect file and then click Next.
  3. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
  4. Click Install and then click Yes to allow Windows to install the software
https://cinehubapk.com/

L0 Member

Open Control Panel
Go to Programs and Features
Click View Installed Updates
Search for the Windows Internet Explorer 9 update
Right click it and Uninstall
(Optional) If the uninstall process fails, open Command Prompt, and run the following command: Note: You will need administrator privileges to run this.

cinehub

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!