Global Protect not working after upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect not working after upgrade

Hi

I have upgraded my passive palo alto firewall to 7.1.20 post which global protect portal is not working.

I'm seeing SSL session cache request comming in from external source. But the webpage page cannot load after adding the exception.

Same works good in primary firewall 7.0.9

7.0.9 to 7.1.0 to 7.1.20 is the upgrade path that I went.

Whenever I load portal it is requesting me to add exception for the firstime then the pages goes can't display webpage.

What could cause this issue

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Venkatesan_radhakrishnan,

Potentially wording is just off here, but if you are trying to access a passive firewall with Globalprotect I wouldn't expect any sort of response, the firewall will simply drop the connection. 

I have failover my secondary firewall is active now which is running 7.1.20 where GP doesn’t work. When I failover back to primary firewall it works where the version running is 7.0.9

Did you have a look in the release notes for 7.1?

I know there were a few changes.

Im getting error like below

There is been bug rerported before 7.1.12 or later release, Is this related to my bug.

What is proxy memory. 

error pageerror pagebug issuebug issue

Im getting error like below

There is been bug rerported before 7.1.12 or later release, Is this related to my bug.

What is proxy memory. 

error pageerror pagebug issuebug issue

It says issue is resolved in 7.1.15 but I'm running 7.1.20 which should not cause this issue 

That really doesn't look like it's your issue, not with the issue that you're seeing. Try import the cert you're using for the portal as a trusted certificate on one of the machines, this should clear the security warning. Does that allow this machine to connect or not? 

I have imported the certificate but it doesn’t resolve my issue

At that point I would recommend that you open a TAC ticket so that they can take a look at it with you. At this point it could be a number of different issues that are a bit more commplicated without seeing exactly how your configuration is setup. 

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!