Global Protect Pre-Authentication driving me nuts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Pre-Authentication driving me nuts

L4 Transporter

Hi.

I'm trying to configure pre-authentication on my Global Protect portal.

I've followed this document until I'm blue in the face, but every single time I attempt to logon to my test environment, I get

GlobalProtect portal user authentication failed. Login from: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD, User name: , Reason: client cert invalid, Auth type: profile.
03/06 21:55:38
GlobalProtect portal user authentication failed. Login from: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD, User name: , Reason: client cert invalid, Auth type: profile.
03/06 21:55:31

Anyone got any hints on getting this to work? The annoying thing is I've had this working previously, but the certificates expired between my test and now - so I renewed them, re-imported them into my test PC - no good.

Deleted the old ones, generated new ones (including a new CA certificate for the firewall), changed the required configutrations, imported the new certificates into my PC - nothing. Same error.

Is there some more debugging I can enable somewhere to figure out where this is going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Maybe worth taking packet capture and drill into certificate parameters with Wireshark to verify which (if you have many) certificate client sends to firewall.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Done that, and as far as I can tell the certificates are the right ones - I've only got one set defined on my testbed firewall, so and the HTTPS connection (to the portal) appears to be encrypted fine - I just can't login (to download the client or connect with Global Protect).

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Thanks

L3 Networker

Try installing the certificate in the other accounts too

try with IE also 

post.PNG

try installing the same in other accounts too

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!