GlobalPotect initial login

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalPotect initial login

L2 Linker

I have deployed the GlobalProtect Always-On VPN via the MSI.exe, where the external gateway is specified. The GP client installs fine on the Windows endpoints.

The remote user logs into the Win 10 endpoint with their Windows domain credentials as normal. As they have never connected via the GP client before, they are prompted to enter their Windows domain credentials onto the GP client, the user is then authenticated and the GP client connects fine. Each time the remote user connects again, they just enter their Windows domain credentials at the Windows logon screen and they are connected, without having to enter their Windows domain credentials onto the GP client again. That's great. Just as I expected it to work.

Is there a way to bypass entering their Windows domain credentials onto the GP client the first time a user logs in? Just think it'll be one less step for the user to do, upon that initial connecting via the GP client.

Any thoughts and advice is much appreciated.

Robert

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I think it relies on cached credentials to have the VPN succeed.

Now... *could* PANW take your credentials from your login, and put them into GP... maybe (but that is a feature request...)  😛

So for now, it is working as engineered, and so no, I am not aware of aware of auto copy/paste the creds into the GP portal. 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks Steve,

It would be a nice feature to have.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

there is option on the Portal under Agent 

Save your credentials -   Try to change that to Yes and see if this helps.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!