globalprotec vpn for phones

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

globalprotec vpn for phones

L4 Transporter

Is anyone using the globalprotect vpn client for their phones and mobile devices? How do you like it? Can it use the same portal and gateway and the pc's? Was was the cost and how much was it

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I have tested it on my iPhone and it works pretty well, haven't come across any glaring problems with it and it is easy to collect the logs for troubleshooting as it gathers them into a zip file and emails it to an email of your choosing. Though you might have to use some sort of MDM solution to keep people from uninstalling it if you were looking to have your corporate iPhones 100% connected at all times. 

Also you need the GP gateway license I believe to use GP with iPhone/Android.

hope this helps,

Ben

Yes very interesting. I can't imagine doing alot of work on a phone but I guess some people can. We considered it when we first put in the palo but didn't want to pay for it. Now people are starting to ask for it.

Hi all,

Keep in mind that for using GP on Phone, you ahev to pay for that. If for any reason you can't or just don't want to pay, you can use classic VPN client as Cisco one (Must support X-auth - deployed on all i device by default) and it's free.

V.

Yea I just got a quote, I was trying to get user to use their natvie client but they don't want to input the setting to use it. They think using globalprotect would be easier, but according to my quote somewhat pricey for the handful of user that will end up using it based on the vpn client for pc's

I assume the can connect to the same portal as the pc's do.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!